Saturday, November 15, 2008

Pictures!

I have a good internet connection for a while so I thought it was time I put up some pictures!! However, I couldn't figure out how to move these around (I'm so inept with this computer thingamagigger) so in no particular order...


This is one view from our roof deck... not especially exciting, but you'll notice that there is a whole lot of foliage. I love that about Bangladesh, it is so green. And a couple of coconut trees! There are so many fruit trees growing everywhere here!




This is Rina cutting up some papaya (or in Bangla, "pepe"). You can't see it really here, but there is this extension on the knife that she has her leg on to hold it in place. It is amazing what she can do with that thing.


This is some kid who wanders in to our house occasionally... he always wants food.


This is a fancy dinner we had on Jeremy and Alison's birthday. We got sprite!! Also, of course, rice, curried meat and vegatables.



Here is Alison, Ezra, and I on the main road heading for the market. The shawls we have around our shoulders are our "ornas," the long shirts are the "kameezes," and the baggy pants are the "shalwars." And Ezra is wearing a "hat" :-)


Here is Ezra, being held by Rina, and next to her is her mother Fulmoti who watches Ezra. Oh, and they are in our house.
My sister and I hanging out around the house... WITHOUT our ornas on. Scandalous. This is my favorite kameez though. I'll definitely be sporting this in the states so get ready.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh your kameez is SO cute! I'm so jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The foliage is beautiful! And your clothes are beautiful too. Definitely wear them when you come back from the states :)

    ReplyDelete