Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What is the point now?

Hello there dear friends and dedicated blog followers.

It occurs to me that perhaps in my re-entry daze some of you may not have been informed that did in fact make my way back to the US a couple of months ago. I apologize profusely. I am home.

So I had absolutely no plans to continue this blog once I returned. I mean, Life in Bangladesh, possibly worth taking time out of your day to learn about, Life in Abilene... well, I think you understand what I'm getting at.

Here is the thing though, it turns out that, amid other changes, my time in Bangladesh has turned me into more of a ponderer and processor of life than I was before. It is ridiculous really, almost every day I feel some sort of philosophical sermon burning within. Sometimes it seems I am literally bursting with the desire to share my musings. And the obvious answer is journaling, right? I tried. I mean, I do journal on occasion, but I have realized due to my extroverted nature I am able to process my thoughts and feelings exponentially better in relation to others than I can on my own. This is frequently a very frustrating reality. In the past couple of months I have gotten myself into trouble multiple times by choosing to unleash my soul searching on those completely unprepared for it.

This must end. As good of friends as I have that would perhaps attempt to humor my need to pontificate, I do not desire to put any of you through this, and therefore, I have come to this conclusion: I shall continue blogging. This way I can relieve my desire to rant, feeling like someone is listening (I always imagine you all as I write these), and you in turn can make responsible choices about whether or not you want to be exposed to it.

Please do be responsible.

Also, for those of you who I know will point this out: I am aware of the fact that the address for this blog is still "emilyinbangladesh." I know, I know, I am not in Bangladesh; I am in Abilene. The long and short of it is that I have no intention of correcting this misnomer (i.e. creating a new blog) so you all will have to just deal with the cognitive dissonance that this may produce.

Ok, blog entry #1 from the USA: complete.

-Emily in Abilene

3 comments:

  1. I miss your musings.

    More importantly, I miss YOU! I hope everything in your life is going awesomely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thrilled to hear that your blogging will continue! I will do my best to read responsibly ; )

    ReplyDelete