to work this morning.
I know what you are thinking: yes he was pulling his "rickshaw cart" and a passenger, and I had only myself. However, I would like to point out his advantages which you may not realize: a) experience, he's probably been on the road since he could walk and therefore does not have the cumbersome trepidation I have, b) he is on a three-wheeled vehicle and cannot easily be toppled over, AND people get out of the way for him whereas: c) people are stopping in front of me to stare.
The race was of course accidental, but I think we both knew what was happening. When he first passed me he leaned over and gave me a patronizing "hello" (how do you say "hello" in a patronizing tone you ask? I just knew people, I just knew). I was not going to stand for this. I bid my time well, and when the opportunity arose I flew past him with a little "hello" of my own. This went on for a couple of kilometers before, I am happy to report to you, I beat him by at least a few feet.
Today, I have tasted sweet victory.
However, I also moved up to 4th grade today. I had to do math... I was not as victorious there, but you know, you can't win them all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Congrats Emily! Reading all these bike entries makes me want to get out there and race :) Sadly I would lose :(
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you get to go through elementary school all over again and get to be the oldest the whole time! Lucky ;) It does sound like a really fun way to learn a foriegn language.
-Shad
I have no idea why you raced a rickshaw, but I was laughing the whole time I read this :P
ReplyDelete